Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TURKEY! Part 1!

Sorry it has taken forever to post about Turkey but life in Jerusalem gets a little crazy!
Here are some pictures and information from the trip.  I absolutely loved Turkey!  I thought it was beautiful and I miss it a lot!! 

 This is before we got on the airplane, just stocking up on treats. Lion Bites = Best things ever!
Loving us some Fatty Faces and Cute Rob Photo bombing in the background. 
This face is specifically for Andrea... :)  haha we took it and it reminded me of you. :) :) Love you!! 

Okay so First off Turkish airlines are spectacular!  They are way nicer than most of the U.S. airlines I have been on. Aka LOTS of leg room, they feed you a full meal on the flight, and my favorite instead of peanuts they give you Hazel Nuts. YUM! 

This is after we landed Ra Ra and I just in the  streets after dinner in Turkey! :) 
After dinner it was off to the hotel for a goodnight sleep before our long and exciting journey laid a head...
1st Mosque of the trip! 

Inside the mosque!  Maddie O, Alvin, Me, Natalie, and Rachelle! :) 
So after we went to the mosque, our tour guide gave us a tour through the beautiful city of Istanbul.  We went to the drum roll..... GRAND BAZAR!!! There are over 4,000 shops there!  So much fun.  Don't worry mom I only spent 13 dollars proud?! You should be ;) haha We were turned loose to wander around there and look at all the amazing scarfs, jewelry, clothes, shoes etc. Needless to say that was one of my favorite parts of the day! After we returned from free time we were back touring the city and onto the next adventure which was a boat ride.  

Natty P and I on the boat ride! 

Future house someday...?  Living in Turkey your backyard facing the ocean.  Don't mind if  I do. 
After the boat ride we went to the Basilica Cistern.  So cool!  Each of these columns are made out of columns from different ruins.  Kinda cool right?!  So beautiful! 
Okay so that is just a little preview I will add some more in a little!!  Love you much!! Miss you all!! :) :) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment